CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 11, 2010

2 Weeks Today!

I thought the first week was fast… then the second flew by.  The boys are doing great.  They are 14 days old, but labeled at 34 weeks in the NICU.  Our target for trying to go home is 38 weeks (April 7).  Their feeding is up to 36 cc (Hudson) and 33 cc (Landon).  They are also doing great on their weight –- Hud, 4 lbs 3 oz; Lan, 3 lbs 13 oz.  Landon joined his brother in the big boy crib and diapers.  Ok, they aren’t really that big, but these are the big steps for this week.

Landon enjoying his big boy crib and new found freedom

They are still continuing to forget to breathe.  Yes, I know, seems minor.  :)  The hardest things for preemies are to suck, swallow and breathe.  The number of heart drops from the lack of breathing is going down to anywhere from 2 to 7 in a day for each.  Much better than when they reached 30.  But it is still something that they need to get better at.  And when they do, that tube in their nose (not the feeding tube, but the other one) will get removed.  Right now they have 4 things attached to them.  Anything less is a plus.  And to give you an idea, check out Landon messing with them:

Seriously, you put these cord on me and i'm going to pull on them

Also, their umbilical cords fell off and the nurse was nice enough to put them in a bag for us.  Really?!  Now what do we do with them.  I don’t think Erin wants to keep them, but I also don’t see her being able to toss them.  I think it is kind of fitting that they saved them in a bag labeled BIOHAZARD.

DSC_0724 

Enjoy some random picts from the past week…

 

Katie (one of our night nurses) made some signs for the boys. 

Hudson's Sign Landon's Sign

Put your left hand in, take your left hand out, do the hokey pokey…

hokey pokey

I see a foot escaping. And thanks Barbara, I like my new outfit.

my foot escaped

Looks like a smile to me.

i see a smile

Look at my clean lips

momma is cleaning some lips

Landon, just sleeping.  He is normally the one that never closes his eyes.

i'm just relaxing

Hud looks like he is up to something here

hi

yo, yo.

 hi mom (2)

These preemie outfits are really big.

These preemie outfits are big

My team at work gave the boys a rocking horse with a bunch of clothes.

Rocking Horse

Mom and Landon having a chat

Mom and Landon having a chat

Hudson doing some snugglingHudson enjoying some snuggling

 

Sleepy timeHudson doing some sleeping

Anybody see where my bear went

anybody see where my bear went

My new stylish hat

My new stylish hat

Hudson being cute ion his new outfit from grandma and grandpa

Hudson being cute

our daily trip on the elevator

Our daily trip on the elevator

See, I eat this nonsense even when I’m not pregnant

See, I eat this nonsense even when i'm not pregnant

Mom and her Landon

Mom and her Landon

Nurse Mandy

Nurse Mandy

Happy Momma

Happy mom

4 comments:

Anonymous

they look great. love the hats : )
babs crump

Christi

they look great jason! praying for ya'll.

kawalker15

These pictures are a highlight to my day - thanks for posting so many. I know it's not easy to keep up but you guys are doing so great (with everything).

Jan S.

This is so great for those of us so far away! The babes are growing! And so cute!

Post a Comment